FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Brian King
(Vail, Colo.) December 20, 2013 – Featuring over two dozen competitions in eight different sports, the GoPro Mountain Games is already one of the world’s most diverse sports festivals. In 2014, the event continues to grow with the addition of the Eddie Bauer BADASS Dash™ Obstacle Challenge, a seven-kilometer race featuring over 30 obstacles.
“Obstacle course racing (OCR) has quickly become the country’s fastest growing sport,” states Mike Imhof, Senior Vice President of Sales and Operations at the Vail Valley Foundation, organizers of the annual GoPro Mountain Games. “We researched lots of different OCR series and chose to partner with BADASS Dash™ because it’s so accessible and fun and allowed us to keep our traditional family-friendly Eddie Bauer mud and obstacle run while at the same time providing a more challenging event for our more adventuresome guests and elite participants.”
The new race at the 2014 Mountain Games will be the premier event on the BADASS Dash 2014 North American tour, with competition open to professionals and amateur OCR participants alike. The BADASS Dash includes unique obstacles with names like “Crazy Cargo Climb,” “Australian Back Crawl,” “Web of Water” and many more. The obstacles are designed to be challenging but achievable for all participants. The race is chip-timed and divisions include an elite category for avid athletes, a recreation division for amateurs and a K-9 companion race specially designed for dogs and their owners. There is also a Family/Kids Dash race for 4-6 year-olds and 7-13 year-olds.
“We’re excited to showcase the Eddie Bauer BADASS Dash™ to the thousands of spectators that attend the GoPro Mountain Games,” states Grant Reeves, CEO for BADASS Dash™, LLC. “At an elevation over 8,000 feet, using some Vail’s natural features, the course is sure to be challenging, unique and fun. We’re also going give top finishers in each division of other BADASS Dash™ tour stops an automatic invite to the race in Vail, to give this event a real championship feel.”
To pre-register individually or as a team, visit www.badassdash.com.
The Eddie Bauer BADASS Dash Obstacle Challenge at the GoPro Mountain Games will take place on Saturday June 7th. To pre-register individually or as a team, visitwww.badassdash.com
BADASS Dash™ has 4 divisions for you to select from:
- RECREATION DIVISION – Run, Jog, Walk or Crawl – It’s your personal challenge to conquer them all! To participate in the Recreation Division you must be 14+ years of age.
- ELITE TRAINED DIVISION – This division is for the avid athlete, first responders, military, and the ultra competitive. If you’re focused on the competition and your race placement this is the division for you! There’s no skipping obstacles in this division; it will feature new challenges with additional / modified obstacles, terrain, or distance! If you’re looking to showcase your athleticism and test your limits then challenge yourself to take part in the Elite Division. To participate in the Elite Division you must be 18+ years of age.
- K-9 COMPANION DIVISION – BADASS Dash adds in a K-9 team program, the first of its kind in the OCR industry! Bring your dog to take part in the K-9 obstacles specifically designed / modified for you and your dog! So, the time is now — bring Fido out for a real challenge!
- KIDS DASH – Take part in the Kids Dash with divisions for 4-6 and 7-13 year olds with obstacles designed just their size. Make it a family affair and bring your kids out to a fun and an exciting challenge.
Whether you’ve raced a 5k, 10k, Mud Run, Trail Race, Adventure Race, Triathlon or any “athlon” for that matter, the BADASS Dash™ is a whole new challenge to experience. Whether you enter as an individual or come as a team, our goals for you remain the same:
- To create the personal challenge of a lifetime.
- To push you to your limit to see if you can conquer the extreme elements.
- To make you overcome some of your wildest fears.
- To raise awareness for our Charity Partner Autism Speaks.
About the GoPro Mountain Games/Vail Valley Foundation
The GoPro Mountain Games is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. The Vail Valley Foundation is a Colorado 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, dedicated to enriching the Vail Valley and sustaining its unique spirit through the delivery of unparalleled arts, world class athletics and inspiring education programs throughout the community. For additional information on the Vail Valley Foundation, please visit www.vvf.org.